The next Focus on Microscopy is the continuation of a successful conference series presenting the latest innovations in optical microscopy and its applications in biology, medicine, material science and information storage. 3D optical imaging and related theory are important subjects for the conference.
The FOM conferences are known for covering the rapid development of advanced fluorescence labelling techniques for the confocal and multi-photon 3D imaging of -live- 3D biological specimens. This year, in addition, special attention will be given to imaging in thick tissues, nanobiotechnology and medicine.
Over its close to 20 year history the FOM conferences have focused on the developments and applications of light microscopy with an emphasis on sectioning – confocal and two-photon – microscopy.
The conference series is as relevant now as at any time in its history, as the scientific and engineering communities strive to meet the needs of a surging life sciences sector as well as respond to the sustained pressure on miniaturisation in lithography and data storage.
Conference Topics Include:
• Confocal and multiphoton-excitation microscopies
• Novel illumination and detection strategies – selective plane, extended depth of focus, 4pi, structured illumination
• Fluorescence – new labels, fluorescent proteins, quantum dots, single molecule, excitation-emission spectroscopy
• Time-resolved fluorescence – FRET, FRAP, FLIM, FCS
• Coherent non-linear microscopies – SHG, THG, SFG, CARS
• Scattering processes: Raman, light scattering spectroscopy, second harmonic
• Multi-dimensional imaging
• Sub-wavelength resolution – near field microscopy, total internal reflection
• Laser manipulation, ablation and microdissection, photoactivation
• Magnetic resonance and X-ray microscopy
• Image processing and visualisation
• Live cell and tissue imaging
• Whole tissue imaging – optical coherence tomography, endoscopy, whole animal fluorescence
• New tools in genomics, proteomics, phenomics, cytometry
• Lithography and data storage
Focus on Microscopy 9-12 April 2006 in Perth (topics).
Imaging & Microscopy Issue 1 , 2013 as free epaper or pdf download
The technical exhibition will be a feature of the conference. Information for 2006 exhibitors can be found on the webpage indicated below.
Abstracts for contributions are invited and can be submitted from the beginning of November 2005 through the website www.FocusOnMicroscopy.org where further information on the present and previous FOM conferences can be found. In particular the programmes and PDF’s of the contributions presented at the 2005 (Jena), 2004 (Philadelphia) and 2003 (Genoa, programme only) conferences can be viewed in detail at this site under the “history” button.
Deadline for the submission of abstracts: 9 January 2006
Draft programme on the web: 23 January 2006
Deadline for early registration: 20 February 2006
Welcoming you to Perth for the FOM2006 conference and exhibition.
On behalf of the organising committee:
University of Western Australia Perth, Australia
Swammerdam Institute for Life Sciences University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands