Focus On Microscopy 2018
Singapore, March 25 – 28, 2018
After the successful FOM2017 conference held in Bordeaux, France earlier this year, it is a pleasure to announce FOM2018: the next in a series of unique interdisciplinary meetings on advanced and multi-dimensional light microscopy and image processing. The conference will take place in the week before Easter from Sunday March 25 to Wednesday March 28, 2018.
Focus on Microscopy 2018 is the continuation of a yearly interdisciplinary conference series running now for close to 3 decades. It presents the latest innovations and new trends in multi-dimensional light microscopy, super-resolution and image processing together with their application in biology, medicine and material sciences.
The FOM2018 conference will take place at the Singapore Expo (Max Atria building), Convention and Exhibition centre.The conference will begin on Sunday April 9 around 10:30 with free tutorials, with regular parallel conference sessions starting at 14:00. The opening plenary session will start at 17:30 followed by a welcome reception. A technical exhibition will accompany the Singapore, 2018 conference.
All details concerning registration, abstract submission and deadlines are or will become available on the website.
A wide range of microscopy and microscopy related subjects will be addressed, ranging from the physics of super-resolution, spatial image formation to the advanced use of fluorescent probes in –live- cellular biophysics. With its origin and focus in sectioned confocal/2-photon microscopy the conference also signals important developments in neighboring fields
Topics of the FOM conference series include:
• Theory and practice of confocal and multiphoton-excitation microscopy
• Super-resolution, nanoscopy imaging: from PSF engineering (4pi, SIM, STED), fluorescent activation/quenching, stochastic/centroid (PALM, STORM, GSDIM, SOFI and related techniques) to TIRF
• 3D and 4D live cell and tissue imaging
• Adaptive optics for microscopy
• Light sheet microscopy
• Phase/interference based microscopies
• OCT, holographic, endoscopy
• Advanced fluorescence imaging/spectroscopy: FRET, FRAP, FLIM, FCS, SOFI
• New fluorescence probes, proteins, quantum dots, single molecule imaging
• Clearing and expansion techniques.
• Coherent non-linear microscopies: SHG, THG, SFG, CARS.
• Multi-dimensional fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy imaging
• Correlated light/electron microscopy
• Laser manipulation and tracking, photo-activation
• OCT, endoscopy
• Fast acquisition, automated and high-content microscopy
• 3D image processing and visualization for multidimensional data
At the 2018 conference the topic “Progress in Quantitative Bioimaging” will receive special attention.
The conference series is known for covering the rapid development of advanced fluorescence labeling techniques for the confocal and multi-photon 3D imaging and single molecule imaging in live biological specimens.
For information on program schedule, conference venue, and background on the present and previous FOM conferences and exhibition visit the event website.
Welcoming you to Singapore for the FOM2018 conference and exhibition,
the FOM2018 organizers:
• Thorsten Wohland, National University of Singapore, Singapore
• Fred Brakenhoff, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The Singapore conference Focus on Microscopy 2018 incorporates the:
• 31st International Conference on 3D Image Processing in Microscopy
• 30th International Conference on Confocal Microscopy