Focus On Microscopy 2019
London, UK, April 14 – 17, 2019
After the successful FOM2018 conference held in Singapore, it is a pleasure to announce FOM2019: the next in a series of unique interdisciplinary meetings on advanced and multi-dimensional light microscopy and image processing. The conference will take place in the week before Easter from Sunday April 14 to Wednesday April 17, 2019.
Focus on Microscopy 2019 is the continuation of a yearly interdisciplinary conference series running now for close to 3 decades. It presents the latest innovations and new trends in multi-dimensional light microscopy, super-resolution and image processing together with their application in biology, medicine and material sciences.
The FOM2019 conference will take place at Queen Elizabeth II (QEII) conference centre, Broad Sanctuary, Westminster, London, UK, located adjacent to the Big Ben, the Parliament building and Westminster Abbey.
The conference will begin on Sunday April 14 around 10:30 with free tutorials, with regular parallel conference sessions starting at 14:00. The opening plenary session will start at 17:30 followed by a welcome reception. A technical exhibition will accompany the London, 2019 conference.
All details concerning registration, abstract submission and deadlines are or will become available on the conference website.
A wide range of microscopy and microscopy related subjects will be addressed, ranging from the physics of super-resolution, spatial image formation to the advanced use of fluorescent probes in –live- cellular biophysics. With its origin and focus in sectioned confocal/2-photon microscopy the conference also signals important developments in neighboring fields
Topics of the FOM Conference Series Include:
- Theory and practice of confocal and multiphoton-excitation microscopy
- Super-resolution, nanoscopy imaging: from PSF engineering (4pi, SIM, STED), fluorescent activation/quenching, stochastic/centroid (PALM, STORM, GSDIM, SOFI and related techniques) to TIRF
- 3D and 4D live cell and tissue imaging
- Adaptive optics for microscopy
- Light sheet microscopy
- Phase/interference based microscopies
- OCT, holographic, endoscopy
- Advanced fluorescence imaging/spectroscopy: FRET, FRAP, FLIM, FCS, SOFI
- New fluorescence probes, proteins, quantum dots, single molecule imaging
- Clearing and expansion techniques.
- Coherent non-linear microscopies: SHG, THG, SFG, CARS.
- Multi-dimensional fluorescence and Raman spectroscopy imaging
- Correlated light/electron microscopy
- Laser manipulation and tracking, photo-activation
- Fast acquisition, automated and high-content microscopy
- 3D image processing and visualization for multidimensional data
A technical exhibition will be an integral part of the upcoming FOM conference.
The conference series is known for covering the rapid development of advanced fluorescence labeling techniques for the confocal and multi-photon 3D imaging and single molecule imaging in live biological specimens.
For information on program schedule, conference venue, and background on the present and previous FOM conferences and exhibition visit the conference website.
Welcoming you to London for the FOM2019 Conference and Exhibition, the FOM2019 Organizers:
• Peter Török, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
• Carl Paterson, Imperial College London, United Kingdom
• Fred Brakenhoff, University of Amsterdam, The Netherlands
The FOM2019 Conference Incorporates the:
• 32nd International Conference on 3D Image Processing in Microscopy
• 31st International Conference on Confocal Microscopy