Simplify your Preparation for Array Tomography
ARTOS 3D ULTRAMICROTOME
The ARTOS 3D (ARray TOmography Solution) automatically creates and collects hundreds of serial-section ribbons all ready for array tomography with your scanning electron microscope (SEM). Save time and effort in biological sample preparation and SEM setup procedure so you can quickly get the images you need to answer critical research questions.
The ARTOS 3D ultramicrotome is able to deliver reproducible, high quality sections rapidly by:
- Avoiding the artifact-causing conditions of manual sectioning and manipulation due to integrated direct section-ribbon collection
- Collecting ultrathin section ribbons without wrinkling by easily adjusting the water flow with the front valve
- Minimizing variation in section thickness by eliminating air turbulence and vibration thanks to a specially-designed draft shield and active damping plate
- Sectioning ribbons precisely with the custom-designed 4 mm diamond knife, adaptable to different section carriers
The manual work steps required with conventional ultramicrotomes are minimized or eliminated by the ARTOS 3D system. There is:
- No manually aligning nor positioning of the ribbon sections with an eyelash
- No manual handling of the ribbons multiple times for repeat sectioning which increases greatly the risk of wrinkling
- No need to perform over and over the same tedious manual process to get wrinkle-free ribbons on the section carrier
Spend less time preparing sections with the automated serial sectioning of the ARTOS 3D. The custom-designed diamond knife enables a seamless transition from one wrinkle-free ribbon to the next with no thickness variation.